by Mark Friedman on Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 12:00 am 3 min read
Arkansas Supreme Court Associate Justice Karen Baker wrote the majority opinion on a 4-3 decision that contractual waivers of the right to a jury trial are not enforceable. Attorney Robert T. Smith said people were caught "off guard" by the decision. Randy Zook, CEO of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce, said the ruling took him by surprise.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- First Security Bank Sues Lauren James for Allegedly Defaulting on Loan 2 weeks ago
- First Security Fights 'Warehouse Sale' of Lauren James 7 days ago
- Louisiana Regulators OK $4.5B Wind Catcher Project 4 days ago
- Lawsuits Challenge Fairy Tale Founding of Lauren James 5 months ago
- Johnny Allison, Rotary Leader of the Year, Never Dreamed of Being One 5 days ago