Bad Boy Mowers Begins Construction on $7.4 Million Expansion

by Arkansas Business Staff  on Wednesday, Mar. 28, 2012 11:35 am  

Workers at the Bad Boy Mowers manufacturing plant in Batesville.

Bad Boy Mowers on Wednesday broke ground at the company's Batesville headquarters, the site of a $7.4 million dollar expansion announced March 1.

Bad Boy, which makes a variety of zero-turn mowers and multi-terrain vehicles, said earlier this month that will add 150 new jobs at an average wage of $18 per hour. The expansion will allow Bad Boy to add to its MTV manufacturing capacity in Batesville.

Gov. Mike Beebe joined Bad Boy co-owners Phil Pulley and Robert Foster at the ground-breaking ceremony.

"Bad Boy is excited about the opportunity to expand our product line while creating additional jobs," Pulley said. "We're very appreciative of the state and county for working with us to make this expansion possible."

Bad Boy Mowers and MTVs are now manufactured, assembled and stored in multiple facilities in Batesville and Melbourne.

Bad Boy makes 33 versions of zero-turn mowers. These include the AOS Diesel Series, the Outlaw and Outlaw Extreme, the MZ Series and ZT Series.

Bad Boy, which makes six versions of MTVs, will add 10 new MTVs as a result of the expansion. The new lines include a variety of gasoline, diesel and electric models with two- and four-seat variations. Bad Boy makes them for agricultural, industrial, recreational or high-performance purposes.

Bad Boy was established in 1998 in Diaz, Ark., and began production at its Batesville location in 2002. The company has experienced several expansions in its short history. Its mowers and MTVs are available through dealers throughout the United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.

More

Arkansas Business' Feb. 20 story on Bad Boy Mowers and its expansion plans.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.