Arkansas Children's Hospital Expands Holdings In $1.8 million Acquisition (Real Deals)

by George Waldon  on Monday, Dec. 14, 2009 12:00 am  

ACH Expansion

A Little Rock hospital added neighboring property in a $1.8 million transaction.

Arkansas Children's Hospital purchased the former headquarters of Garver Engineers at 1010 Battery St. from GWG Inc., led by Sanford Wilbourn.

The 22,700-SF facility previously was tied to a September 2009 mortgage of $2.15 million held by BancorpSouth Bank of Tupelo, Miss.

The 1.7-acre location was assembled in four buys totaling $186,000. The sellers were Safeway Stores Inc. of Oakland, Calif., $116,000 in August 1967; Robert and Virginia Naylor, $44,000 in November 1986; Gary and Mary Jo Pittman, $15,000 in February 1979; and Evora Pleasant, $11,000 in February 1999.

Kidco Purchase

A commercial project in west Little Rock tipped the scales at nearly $1.5 million.

Bank of Little Rock bought the 8,700-SF Kidco Early Education & Learning Center at 800 Kirk Road. The seller is Kidco Holdings LLC, led by L. Walter Quinn III.

The 1.96-acre development previously was linked with a June 2002 mortgage of $1.17 million held by BancorpSouth.

The site was purchased for $274,000 in October 1998 from Rance Curtis Jr., and his wife, Lessie.

Square Transaction

A 32,000-SF retail project in west Little Rock changed hands in a $1.8 million transaction.

Markham Square Holdings LLC, led by Stephen LaFrance Jr., acquired its namesake neighborhood shopping center at 9815 W. Markham St. The seller is Markham Square LLC, led by Steven E. Cauley.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.