by Luke Jones on Monday, Jul. 2, 2012 12:00 am 3 min read
The acreage required for a Wal-Mart store was one of several factors that helped move commercial development from downtown to the edge of town. Shopping malls and the post-WWII car culture also played their roles.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Arkansas Court Clears Way For Medical Pot Program's Launch 1 day ago
- Johnny Allison, Rotary Leader of the Year, Never Dreamed of Being One 3 days ago
- Louisiana Regulators OK $4.5B Wind Catcher Project 2 days ago
- U.S. Supreme Court: States Can Force Online Shoppers To Pay Sales Tax 1 day ago
- Benton Restaurants Sell for Combined $3.2 Million 5 days ago