Mr. Dunderbak's Opening Delayed

by Arkansas Business Staff  on Monday, Sep. 10, 2012 12:00 am  

Mr. Dunderbak’s, originally expected to reopen in McCain Mall later this month, is now looking toward a November grand opening.

Owner Richard Davidson, who created the popular restaurant concept in North Little Rock in 1973, told Whispers that the the first builder he hired to renovate the ground-floor space didn’t do any work and disappeared with $31,000.

It turned out that the contractor wasn’t even a licensed builder. Davidson wouldn’t identify him to Whispers, but he has filed a complaint with the Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board and notified the state Attorney General’s Office.

“He’s just a fraudulent builder, period,” Davidson said.

Davidson isn’t pursuing additional legal measures, he said, because the cost of attorney’s fees would be close to the amount of money lost.

But he has hired a new contractor. Davidson wouldn’t identify the Arkansas contractor, but he said he made sure he was properly licensed.

Mr. Dunderbak’s had been operated by other owners from 1990 until it closed 12 years ago.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.