Arkansas football assistant coaching compensation have reached $3 million for the first time in program history.
Salaries for the final two assistant coaches added to Bret Bielema’s staff were released on Tuesday. Wide receivers coach Michael Smith will earn $275,000 and tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr. $200,000, bringing the total compensation to $3 million.
It’s an increase of about $400,000 compared to staff salary for 2012.
Both Lunney and Smith are under contract through June 30, 2014. They’ll owe $50,000 if they leave for another job.
Bielema earns $3.2 million annually.
- Jim Chaney, Offensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Chris Ash, Defensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Charlie Partridge, Defensive Line, $350,000
- Randy Shannon, Linebackers, $315,000
- Michael Smith, Wide Rec., $275,000
- Sam Pittman, Offensive Line, $275,000
- Taver Johnson, Cornerbacks, $250,000
- Joel Thomas, Running Backs, $235,000
- Barry Lunney, Jr. Tight Ends, $200,000
Total: $3.0 million
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- French Hill Criticized in GOP Debate Over Donation 8 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- $150 Million Sale Brings an End To Wilson Empire 3 years ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 8 hours ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 1 week ago