Arkansas football assistant coaching compensation have reached $3 million for the first time in program history.
Salaries for the final two assistant coaches added to Bret Bielema’s staff were released on Tuesday. Wide receivers coach Michael Smith will earn $275,000 and tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr. $200,000, bringing the total compensation to $3 million.
It’s an increase of about $400,000 compared to staff salary for 2012.
Both Lunney and Smith are under contract through June 30, 2014. They’ll owe $50,000 if they leave for another job.
Bielema earns $3.2 million annually.
- Jim Chaney, Offensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Chris Ash, Defensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Charlie Partridge, Defensive Line, $350,000
- Randy Shannon, Linebackers, $315,000
- Michael Smith, Wide Rec., $275,000
- Sam Pittman, Offensive Line, $275,000
- Taver Johnson, Cornerbacks, $250,000
- Joel Thomas, Running Backs, $235,000
- Barry Lunney, Jr. Tight Ends, $200,000
Total: $3.0 million
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mack, Donna McLarty Launch Global Fellows Program 13 hours ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 9 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago