Arkansas football assistant coaching compensation have reached $3 million for the first time in program history.
Salaries for the final two assistant coaches added to Bret Bielema’s staff were released on Tuesday. Wide receivers coach Michael Smith will earn $275,000 and tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr. $200,000, bringing the total compensation to $3 million.
It’s an increase of about $400,000 compared to staff salary for 2012.
Both Lunney and Smith are under contract through June 30, 2014. They’ll owe $50,000 if they leave for another job.
Bielema earns $3.2 million annually.
- Jim Chaney, Offensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Chris Ash, Defensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Charlie Partridge, Defensive Line, $350,000
- Randy Shannon, Linebackers, $315,000
- Michael Smith, Wide Rec., $275,000
- Sam Pittman, Offensive Line, $275,000
- Taver Johnson, Cornerbacks, $250,000
- Joel Thomas, Running Backs, $235,000
- Barry Lunney, Jr. Tight Ends, $200,000
Total: $3.0 million
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Study: CEOs in 10 Big Mergers to Get $430M 1 day ago
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions, 38 In Arkansas, by December 2 days ago
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock 3 days ago
- USA Truck Adds 2 to Dedicated Freight Team 1 day ago