Arkansas football assistant coaching compensation have reached $3 million for the first time in program history.
Salaries for the final two assistant coaches added to Bret Bielema’s staff were released on Tuesday. Wide receivers coach Michael Smith will earn $275,000 and tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr. $200,000, bringing the total compensation to $3 million.
It’s an increase of about $400,000 compared to staff salary for 2012.
Both Lunney and Smith are under contract through June 30, 2014. They’ll owe $50,000 if they leave for another job.
Bielema earns $3.2 million annually.
- Jim Chaney, Offensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Chris Ash, Defensive Coordinator, $550,000
- Charlie Partridge, Defensive Line, $350,000
- Randy Shannon, Linebackers, $315,000
- Michael Smith, Wide Rec., $275,000
- Sam Pittman, Offensive Line, $275,000
- Taver Johnson, Cornerbacks, $250,000
- Joel Thomas, Running Backs, $235,000
- Barry Lunney, Jr. Tight Ends, $200,000
Total: $3.0 million
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 2 days ago
- Company Plans $900M, 440-Mile Crude Oil Pipeline Across Arkansas 13 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Jonesboro Sun Says Police Chief Bullied Reporter 18 hours ago
- Highland Pellets to Build $130M Plant in Pine Bluff 2 days ago