NLR Congregation Looks South to Grow (Real Deals)

by George Waldon  on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013 12:00 am  

Mulligan’s Golf was among the properties assembled by First Pentecostal Church of Jesus Christ, whose steeple is visible in the distance. (Photo by Jason Burt)

A North Little Rock congregation put together more than 90 acres for future expansion across the interstate from its 1401 Calvary Road campus for $1.05 million.

First Pentecostal Church of Jesus Christ assembled the land at the southwest corner of Interstate 40 and North Hills Boulevard through a mixture of buys and donations.

The biggest piece was donated to the church by Norman and Shirley Clifton.

The Cliftons bought the 37.5-acre Mulligan’s Golf property for $1.7 million in December 2012 from Terraforma LLC, led by David Bruning and Doug Meyer.

Terraforma purchased the land for $539,000 in March 2007 from The Woodcrest Co. LLP, led by James P. Matthews.

Doda Construction LC, also led by Bruning and Meyer, donated an adjoining 27-acre parcel to the church.

The property was acquired in April 1996 for $44,000 in deals with the James K. Young estate, Katherine Bentley, Raymond and Maxine Bentley, and Ed Payne.

The church bought a 15.5-acre parcel for $638,000 from HDJ Realty LLC, led by Hal Matthews; and a 10-acre parcel for $420,000 from General Properties Inc., led by James P. Matthews.

The Matthews family purchased the HDJ property as part of two deals with Maurice and Alice Altheimer, $7,500 in August 1920; and Jacob and Effie Burch, $7,043 in May 1937.

The Matthews family acquired the other parcel in April 1931 as part of a $7,500 deal with William Haines.

Ancestral Land

An 80-acre tract south of the Little Rock Port Industrial Park changed hands in a historic $775,000 deal.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.