The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Switzer Siblings Square Off Over Delta Farmland 19 hours ago
- Mr. Rogers In Chicago: Can You Say Prison? 19 hours ago
- Banker, Investor Testify in Rogers Hearing in Chicago 6 hours ago
- Shots Taken in Big Whiskey's Lawsuit 19 hours ago
- ASU Trustees Approve Lease For $29M North End Zone Project 6 hours ago