The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- SPONSORED: 3 Ways Wharton Business Scholars Challenge Retirement Thinking 1 day ago
- 4 Insurers Propose Rate Increases of at Least 10 Percent 2 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 3 days ago
- Land in the Rock Program Helps Interns Connect, Plug Into City 21 hours ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 3 days ago