The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 2 days ago
- CaseStack Sees Success Through Service, Experience 4 days ago
- Nucor Corp. Plans New $230M Mill at Blytheville, 100 Jobs 5 days ago
- Developer Brandon Woodrome Pleads Guilty to Fraud 3 days ago
- Delta Dental Enjoying The Best of Many Worlds 4 days ago