The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- At Rotary, CEO Tony Thomas Talks 10 Years of Windstream 1 day ago
- Bill Clinton Eyes Exit From Charity That Has Shaped Legacy 10 hours ago
- Something to Chew On (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart's McMillon Tops Compensation List of 100 Arkansas Public Company Execs 3 days ago
- Governor, FDA Sign Agreement Extending NCTR Program 5 hours ago