The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 4 days ago
- Rosewood Brings Retro Style to Hearses 4 days ago
- Lawsuit Postponed as Hot Springs Developer Goes Bankrupt 4 days ago
- Sun Paper, Hutchinson Sign Intent Letter to Study $1.4B South Arkansas Plant 4 days ago
- Update: Tech Park, Richard Mays Settle on Price 2 days ago