The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- UCA Selects 4 President Finalists to Interview On Campus 1 day ago
- Report: Arkansas Medical Pot Plan Costs More Than It Raises 2 days ago
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 6 days ago
- Bear State Financial 3Q Earnings Up 47 Percent 1 day ago
- Chinese Firm Agrees to Put Garment Plant in Little Rock, Employ 400 2 days ago