The summary report on Big River Steel by Regional Economics Models Inc. (REMI), one of two firms hired by the Legislature to vet the project and the state's incentives used to lure it.
Although Big River Steel reviews weren't over the top, consultant John Anton of IHS Global Services did rate the proposed $1.1 billion project a "6, maybe a 7" on a 10-point scale of good investments in a Monday meeting with Arkansas lawmakers.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 4 hours ago
- Magna IV Founder Gary Middleton Dies 23 hours ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 7 hours ago
- Icon Communications Executive Houser Pleads Guilty to Mail Fraud 22 hours ago
- Travel Nurse Across America Acquires Trinity Healthcare 6 hours ago