Pilgrim's Pride, which in October announced it would close its feed mill in Hope, has announced this week that it will close its Batesville plant, putting 400 people out of work.
According to THV 11 News, local economic development leaders and the quorum court have approved an incentive package to attract news businesses to the site. Ozark Mountain Poultry in Rogers has already expressed an interest.
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- UA Study: Tangible Economic Benefits for Craighead, Faulkner, Saline Going Wet 4 months ago
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- State Supreme Court Remands Alcohol Question 16 hours ago
- Crystal Bridges Announces 2015 Exhibits, Including Warhol, van Gogh, Pollock 4 days ago