Riverdale's Raney Building Headlines $3.5M Triple Purchase (Real Deals)

by George Waldon  on Monday, Sep. 23, 2013 12:00 am  

T.J. Raney Building at 3600 Cantrell Road. (Photo by Jason Burt)

USAble Life of Little Rock purchased 240 acres a half-mile southeast of the Wye community from Richard Gifford.

The Gifford family has owned the property since acquiring it in November 1946 from Paul Provena for an undisclosed sum.

Entergy Site

Land for an electric substation in west Pulaski County changed hands in a $495,000 transaction. Entergy Arkansas Inc. bought the 18-acre parcel a quarter mile south of Lawson Road, west of the Meadow Springs neighborhood, from Emprise LLC, led by Douglas Meyer and Jerry Currence.

The property previously was used to help secure a March 2007 mortgage of $786,000 held by Twin City Bank of North Little Rock.

Emprise purchased the land more than six years ago as part of a $786,000 deal with Eleanor Foltz, Gertrude Bunge and Patricia Shoemaker.

Big Star Buy

A 14,800-SF grocery store in north Pulaski County sold for $265,000.

RL Ferrell Inc., led by Ron and Regyna Ferrell, acquired the Big Star Grocery at 15310 MacArthur Drive. The seller is DSC Inc., led by Robert Harms.

The deal is backed with a $404,000 loan from Delta Trust & Bank of Little Rock.

The 3-acre development was recovered from KRP Inc., led by Karen R. Phillips, in May 2009 at a $250,000 foreclosure sale.

DSC Inc. obtained a $488,521 judgment against KRP, Karen and Gary Phillips and Allan Beatty.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.