TJ Johnston, executive vice president of the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce and the Conway Development Corporation, is taking a new job at the University of Central Arkansas that will oversee UCA's Donaghey Corridor project, according to The Log Cabin Democrat.
University President Tom Courtway unveiled plans in November for the mixed-use development, which would feature retail and student housing, along Donaghey Avenue:
UCA is undertaking the planning and design process to create a mixed-use development along Donaghey Avenue between South Boulevard and Bruce Street. It is envisioned that the block will include ground-level retail and commercial ventures, and innovative student housing on upper floors. Among the aesthetic improvements would be medians and landscaping, in addition to traffic flow enhancements to Donaghey Avenue. Conversations with the City of Conway have begun.
UCA says Johnston will oversee all phases of planning and development of the project.
Preliminary steps toward architectural and engineering work are set to begin this summer, with a groundbreaking taking place in the fall. UCA is aiming for occupancy of the new center to begin in fall 2016.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 5 hours ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Jumps Into the Money Transfer Business, Loudly 2 hours ago
- Attorney General Rejects Wording of Proposal to Make Alcohol Sales Legal Througout Arkansas 2 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago