Little Rock's Replacement Parts Inc. Bumping Century Mark

by George Waldon  on Monday, May. 26, 2014 12:00 am  

1958: A national antitrust action by the Federal Trade Commission requires auto parts companies to split warehouse and retail operations into separate companies. This leads to the breakup of OCY and the creation of Parts Warehouse Inc.

1959: J.G. Burlingame dies. The company store count is at 45.

1964: Robert Crow dies. Robert “Bobby” Lord, Crow’s grandson, joins the company the following year.

1967: Fletcher Lord Jr., today’s chairman of the board, joins the company.

1973: The company enters southern Missouri with the acquisition of Empire Automotive Distributors of Springfield.

1980: The Little Rock warehouse operation at 555 Inc. at 1901 E. Roosevelt Road is bought from Straus-Frank Co. of San Antonio.

1986: Two Tulsa firms are purchased: the warehouse operation of J.C. Hamilton Co. and the 14 stores of Standard Motor Products.

1988: Replacement Parts Inc. is formed as the holding company for the retail and warehouse operations.

1994: A 21-store chain in southwest Arkansas, northeast Texas and Oklahoma is acquired from John Loe. Fletcher Lord dies the following year.

2000: A warehouse and 24 stores are bought from Rankin Automotive of Monroe, Louisiana.

2001: The company merges with Motor Supply Co. of Uncertain, Texas, which brings a warehouse and 14 stores into the fold along with Ken Petersen as a shareholder and director.

2004: Dimmick Supply Co. of Lake Charles, Louisiana, with a warehouse and 10 stores, is purchased.

 

 

Please read our comments policy before commenting.