11/28/2012 12:00 am - 11/30/2012 12:00 am
Location: Hot Springs Convention Center
Address: 134 Convention Blvd., Hot Springs, AR 71901
Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, state Secretary of Agriculture Butch Calhoun, Arkansas Farm Bureau President Randy Veach, motivational speaker LaDonna Gatlin and agricultural economist John Anderson headline the speakers for the convention.
The convention’s theme, Seeds of Change, will be reinforced throughout the convention’s three-day run. It will include several conferences, competitions and special meetings on the 2012 drought, federal farm policy, food safety issues and more.
The convention culminates with the organization’s annual business session, where more than 300 voting delegates define the organization’s policy positions on items of importance to Farm Bureau members. The delegate body also elects the organization’s president and vice president.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Tedford and Son Leave Stephens Inc., Go In with Stephens Group 1 day ago
- Natural State Medical Group Holds Breath for Marijuana License 1 day ago
- Springdale Contractor Faces Foreclosure 1 day ago
- Bayou Meto Farmland Sold; LM Glasfiber Spends $8.3M on Construction 1 day ago
- APM's Vanessa McKuin on How the Public Can Band Together on Radio 1 day ago