1/23/2013 12:00 am - 1/26/2013 12:00 am
Location: Statehouse Convention Center
Address: 101 E. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Organic and sustainable food producers, along with advocates of local food systems attend this conference to learn to market their produce and connect with their customers.
Pre-conference events begin on Wednesday and cover: organic vegetable production, high tunnel production, growing farm profits, controlled grazing management, lambs, cut flowers, sustainable pest management and regional food hubs. The field trips feature a choice of tours: sustainable and organic operations; successful school and community gardens; and the Heifer Ranch.
The general conference, on Friday and Saturday, offers nine tracks of sessions covering: organic and sustainable production of vegetables, cut flowers, fruit, seeds and livestock; farm finance and business management; direct marketing strategies such as online markets and CSAs (community supported agriculture); successful farm stories; federal farm and food policies; and community food systems.
Saturday evening's keynote address, "The Good Food Movement as Community Development," will be given by Dr. Sherece West-Scantlebury, president and CEO of Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- ASU Discusses Osteopathic Medical School with NYIT 7 days ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 10 months ago
- Arkansas Senate Candidates Hold Back Attacks (AP Analysis) 6 hours ago
- #ARWX: Bitter Cold Remains in Arkansas Around After Ice Storm 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago