1/23/2013 12:00 am - 1/26/2013 12:00 am
Location: Statehouse Convention Center
Address: 101 E. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Organic and sustainable food producers, along with advocates of local food systems attend this conference to learn to market their produce and connect with their customers.
Pre-conference events begin on Wednesday and cover: organic vegetable production, high tunnel production, growing farm profits, controlled grazing management, lambs, cut flowers, sustainable pest management and regional food hubs. The field trips feature a choice of tours: sustainable and organic operations; successful school and community gardens; and the Heifer Ranch.
The general conference, on Friday and Saturday, offers nine tracks of sessions covering: organic and sustainable production of vegetables, cut flowers, fruit, seeds and livestock; farm finance and business management; direct marketing strategies such as online markets and CSAs (community supported agriculture); successful farm stories; federal farm and food policies; and community food systems.
Saturday evening's keynote address, "The Good Food Movement as Community Development," will be given by Dr. Sherece West-Scantlebury, president and CEO of Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 11 hours ago
- Magna IV Founder Gary Middleton Dies 1 day ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 13 hours ago
- Machen Succeeds McFatridge as CEO of Bear State Financial 7 hours ago
- Icon Communications Executive Houser Pleads Guilty to Mail Fraud 1 day ago