1/23/2013 12:00 am - 1/26/2013 12:00 am
Location: Statehouse Convention Center
Address: 101 E. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Organic and sustainable food producers, along with advocates of local food systems attend this conference to learn to market their produce and connect with their customers.
Pre-conference events begin on Wednesday and cover: organic vegetable production, high tunnel production, growing farm profits, controlled grazing management, lambs, cut flowers, sustainable pest management and regional food hubs. The field trips feature a choice of tours: sustainable and organic operations; successful school and community gardens; and the Heifer Ranch.
The general conference, on Friday and Saturday, offers nine tracks of sessions covering: organic and sustainable production of vegetables, cut flowers, fruit, seeds and livestock; farm finance and business management; direct marketing strategies such as online markets and CSAs (community supported agriculture); successful farm stories; federal farm and food policies; and community food systems.
Saturday evening's keynote address, "The Good Food Movement as Community Development," will be given by Dr. Sherece West-Scantlebury, president and CEO of Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Ross Family Gives $1M to Baptist Preparatory School 1 day ago
- Construction Begins on Arkansas Children's $4.4M Clinic 13 hours ago
- Bart Hester Proposes $105M Income Tax Cut 13 hours ago
- Planned Bank Buy Not First Time for Pinnacle, Central to Consider Merger 3 days ago
- SPONSORED: Uncle T's: A Neighborhood Mainstay For 50 Years And Counting 3 days ago