1/23/2013 12:00 am - 1/26/2013 12:00 am
Location: Statehouse Convention Center
Address: 101 E. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Organic and sustainable food producers, along with advocates of local food systems attend this conference to learn to market their produce and connect with their customers.
Pre-conference events begin on Wednesday and cover: organic vegetable production, high tunnel production, growing farm profits, controlled grazing management, lambs, cut flowers, sustainable pest management and regional food hubs. The field trips feature a choice of tours: sustainable and organic operations; successful school and community gardens; and the Heifer Ranch.
The general conference, on Friday and Saturday, offers nine tracks of sessions covering: organic and sustainable production of vegetables, cut flowers, fruit, seeds and livestock; farm finance and business management; direct marketing strategies such as online markets and CSAs (community supported agriculture); successful farm stories; federal farm and food policies; and community food systems.
Saturday evening's keynote address, "The Good Food Movement as Community Development," will be given by Dr. Sherece West-Scantlebury, president and CEO of Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 1 day ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 1 day ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 1 day ago
- James Moody Returns to Wright Lindsey & Jennings 20 hours ago
- Don't Mangle Your Message (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 1 day ago