4/14/2013 @ 3:00 pm
Price: Free for kids/$14 to $52
Location: Robinson Center Music Hall
Address: 426 W. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Don’t miss world famous violinist Midori as she joins forces with the ASO to close our season in unforgettable fashion. Midori performs Tchaikovsky’s celebrated Violin Concerto in a pairing of two inimitable favorites which also connects with the season’s opener, in that it was inspired by Lalo’s Symphonie Espagnole.
Adding to the festive feel of the program is Mozart’s frothy and iconic overture to the Marriage of Figaro, which defies any listener not to smile. Closing the program is Brahms’s final and incredible 4th symphony- a work of stunning beauty and depth that grows out of the most simple of gestures, a falling then rising line. A sense of yearning and urgency underlie the work as counterpoint adds flavor and intensity to sublime lyricism. An almost overwhelming final movement harkens back to an earlier time in music in a masterstroke combination of the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic.
Free admission for grades K-12 thru Entergy Kid's Ticket Program (one free kid's ticket with one paid adult admission).
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Hot Springs Tourism Chief Steve Arrison Offers His Conventional Wisdom 4 days ago
- Theories Foam Over Future Plans for Suds Carwash in Fayetteville 4 days ago
- Expenses Drive USA Truck to $1.8M 1Q Loss 23 hours ago
- Ron Sherman Sets Guinness World Record for TV Commercials 3 days ago
- Windstream Reports $232M 1Q Loss on Impairment Charge 22 hours ago