4/14/2013 @ 3:00 pm
Price: Free for kids/$14 to $52
Location: Robinson Center Music Hall
Address: 426 W. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Don’t miss world famous violinist Midori as she joins forces with the ASO to close our season in unforgettable fashion. Midori performs Tchaikovsky’s celebrated Violin Concerto in a pairing of two inimitable favorites which also connects with the season’s opener, in that it was inspired by Lalo’s Symphonie Espagnole.
Adding to the festive feel of the program is Mozart’s frothy and iconic overture to the Marriage of Figaro, which defies any listener not to smile. Closing the program is Brahms’s final and incredible 4th symphony- a work of stunning beauty and depth that grows out of the most simple of gestures, a falling then rising line. A sense of yearning and urgency underlie the work as counterpoint adds flavor and intensity to sublime lyricism. An almost overwhelming final movement harkens back to an earlier time in music in a masterstroke combination of the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic.
Free admission for grades K-12 thru Entergy Kid's Ticket Program (one free kid's ticket with one paid adult admission).
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Christen Franke of Franke's Cafeteria Dies at 37 2 days ago
- After 37 Years, Beth Ward Retires From Little Rock TV 1 decade ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Throws Out Ruling on Birth Certificate Law 23 hours ago
- Governor, Speaker, Senate Leader Name 5 to Medical Marijuana Commission 2 days ago
- The Overtime Exemption Rules Are On Hold — What Do You Do Now? (Stuart Jackson Commentary) 1 day ago