10/25/2013 - 2/9/2014
Location: Arkansas Arts Center
Address: 501 East 9th Street, Little Rock, AR 72202
In the Face to Face exhibition, the artist invites the viewer to share what he or she has discovered in the mirror, and far more. Long-time Arkansas Arts Center supporters Jackye and Curtis Finch Jr. are fascinated by these visual exposes. They are engaged in assembling one of America's great collections of graphic self-portraiture, which they are gradually transferring to the Arkansas Arts Center. From the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery in Washington DC comes the Portraiture Now: Drawing on the Edge exhibition which focuses on the intersection of contemporary drawing and portraiture. The six artists in this exhibition are Mequitta Ahuja, Mary Borgman, Adam Chapman, Ben Durham, Till Freiwald and Rob Matthews. Portraiture Now: Drawing on the Edge has been organized by the National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution. This exhibition and its programming have been made possible through the Rebecca Houser Wescott Fund for Portraiture Now, the Abraham and Virginia Weiss Charitable Trust, Amy and Marc Meadows and the Paul M. and Christine G. Wick Fund. Portraiture Now: Drawing on the Edge is sponsored in Arkansas by Edafio Technology Partners.
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Landreaux Named 1st Woman to Lead Entergy Arkansas; Riley Goes to New Orleans 1 day ago
- First Security Fights 'Warehouse Sale' of Lauren James 2 days ago
- Duke Replaces Duke at Capital Bank 2 days ago
- Taylor & Taylor Sues a Rival: Taylor & Taylor 2 days ago
- Bailey-Led BSR REIT Goes Public Via Toronto 2 days ago