6/14/2017 12:00 am - 6/18/2017 12:00 am
Location: Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Address: , Fort Smith, AR
The 32nd Annual Arkansas Osteopathic Medical Association Convention will be held June 14-18, 2017 at the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
J.D. Polk, NASA's chief health and medical officer, will deliver the event's keynote address on June 17. Polk is leading the effort to ensure astronauts' safety as NASA prepares for its first manned flight to Mars.
He previously served as chief of space medicine at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston.
Polk is the former assistant secretary for Health Affairs and chief medical officer of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. He also served as dean of medicine for Des Moines University's College of Osteopathic Medicine, is a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians, and is an associate fellow of the Aerospace Medicine Association.
There will be 25 CME Hours (includes specialty hours); AOA/AMA Category 1-A pending AOA/AMA approval.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- ABC Director Bud Roberts, Two Others Resign 2 days ago
- Simmons First Names Susan Lanigan New Board Member 2 days ago
- Plans to Open The Barn Mercantile in River Market Announced 2 days ago
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 3 days ago
- Health Care Demands Push Growth of NLR's Travel Nurse 6 days ago