Price: $125 or $150
Location: Dickinson Hall at UA Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock will host a continuing professional education event for certified public accountants on Wednesday, Dec. 13.
Professionals can earn up to eight hours of continuing professional education at the event: four hours in accounting, one in tax, one in state board ethics and two in general continuing education.
The event will be held from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in Dickinson Hall on the UA Little Rock campus. The cost to attend is $125 for those who register by Dec. 1, and $150 after.
Topics to be discussed include fraud, cybersecurity, forensic accounting, networking, tax, state board ethics and an update from Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
Speakers include T.J. Boyle of Frost PLLC; Roger Dorsey and Joshua Kerr with the UA Little Rock Department of Accounting; Bruce Engstrom and Holly Fish of EGP PLLC; John Fiebig, senior deputy director of PCAOB; Dan Harpool, owner of Complete Computing; Mark Ohrenberger of the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy; and James White of the Arkansas Department of Health.
The event is hosted by the UA Little Rock Accounting Society and Beta Alpha Psi. Funds raised will be used for service projects and student attendance at conferences.
Online registration can be found here.
- #September11th: Links to Arkansas Business' 9/11 Coverage
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Church Asks to Cancel Stamp of Sale on Fayetteville Post Office 4 days ago
- Cameron Smith & Associates Launches Commercial Construction Division 7 hours ago
- Former Walmart ADA & Immigration Director Sues for Disability Discimination 4 days ago
- Where Medical Marijuana Collides With Worker Safety 4 days ago
- Opportunity Zones Have Transformative Potential (Lisa Ferrell Commentary) 4 days ago