Price: $125 or $150
Location: Dickinson Hall at UA Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock will host a continuing professional education event for certified public accountants on Wednesday, Dec. 13.
Professionals can earn up to eight hours of continuing professional education at the event: four hours in accounting, one in tax, one in state board ethics and two in general continuing education.
The event will be held from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in Dickinson Hall on the UA Little Rock campus. The cost to attend is $125 for those who register by Dec. 1, and $150 after.
Topics to be discussed include fraud, cybersecurity, forensic accounting, networking, tax, state board ethics and an update from Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
Speakers include T.J. Boyle of Frost PLLC; Roger Dorsey and Joshua Kerr with the UA Little Rock Department of Accounting; Bruce Engstrom and Holly Fish of EGP PLLC; John Fiebig, senior deputy director of PCAOB; Dan Harpool, owner of Complete Computing; Mark Ohrenberger of the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy; and James White of the Arkansas Department of Health.
The event is hosted by the UA Little Rock Accounting Society and Beta Alpha Psi. Funds raised will be used for service projects and student attendance at conferences.
Online registration can be found here.
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Relyance Bank to Acquire Heartland Bank Branches 21 hours ago
- In Becoming an Arts Beacon, UA Refurbishes a Landmark 3 days ago
- Windgate Foundation Donates $40M for Art District at UA 22 hours ago
- AP Sources: House, Senate Leaders Reach Deal on Tax Package 20 hours ago
- Arkansas Lawmakers Ask Panel to Reconsider Dicamba Ban 1 day ago