- Company: Premier Staffing
- Updated: 12/23/2013
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $14.00-$20.00
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Manufacturing, Skilled Services
Premier Staffing is seeking an experienced Machine Maintenance Technician with strong electrical bkgd. for a production facility here in Little Rock.
Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production and plant facility electrical and mechanical equipment to maximize plant uptime in order to meet production and financial goals. Provide assistance in mechanical maintenance activities.
Duties & Responsibilities (Major):
1. Maintain instrumentation and PLC?s on plant equipment. Understand basic PLC programming.
2. Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex equipment including automatic machine and process controls, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls and switch gears.
3. Perform tasks generally associated with mechanical troubleshooting and repair of plant and facility equipment. May include driving powered equipment.
4. Performs prescribed preventive maintenance on equipment per the P.M. charts. Assist in mechanical repairs and fabrication projects as needed.
5. Follows all policies and procedures; safety standards and GMP?s.
6. Maintain required company records and forms. Report any defective equipment or questionable conditions to the Maintenance Manager.
7. Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience (Minimum Required):
1. Five (5) years successful experience in a modern industrial facility.
2. Associate degree preferred; state-recognized apprenticeship/license or a combination of education and work experience may be substituted.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
4. Previous experience in food or chemical industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
1. Detailed oriented and self-directed.
2. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member; includes accepting supervision and assistance from other team members. Exercise considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available.
3. Able to use advanced trades mathematics together with complicated drawings, schematics, specifications involving thorough technical skill knowledge and application of basic theory.
Please submit resume for consideration. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.