Quality Assurance Technician
- Company: Premier Staffing
- Updated: 6/29/2010
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $10 - $14/hr.
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Manufacturing, Science
Premier Staffing is seeking a QA Technician for a local production facility.
Assure that Quality Control procedures are properly followed. Conduct sampling and testing on both in-process and finished product. Prepare shipping documents.
Duties & Responsibilities (Major): .
1. Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and work procedures are maintained. Conduct tests and gather samples as required.
2. Determine overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
3. Identify and communicate major quality problems in production facilities and warehouses.
4. Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to product/date coding and shipping information.
5. Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
6. Consult with plant management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall product quality.
Education & Experience (Minimum Required):
Associate degree in general sciences preferred; one year experience in a Quality Control position in a modern food production facility may substitute.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
Must communicate well, verbally and in writing, in English to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Able to make mathematical calculations involving fractions and decimal conversions. Able to make independent judgments based on written standards and customer requirements. Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills. Familiar with basic laboratory procedures.
Please submit resume via email to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.