- Company: Goodwill Industries of Arkansas
- Updated: 10/8/2014
- Location: Central Arkansas
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: commensurate with experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Customer Service/Call Centers, Management, Manufacturing, Nonprofits, Restaurants, Retail
Description Goodwill Industries of Arkansas has building lives, families and communities since 1927, is seeking an energetic, driven leader to oversee the day-to day store operations and store performance.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
To oversee the day-to-day store operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. Supervises store assistant managers, keyholders, employees. May also supervise community service workers and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruits, hires and supervises staff, giving them oral and written communications regarding work performance as necessary. Interviews applicants, checks references and conducts workplace orientations for new hires as needed. Maintains secure personnel files. Initiates and completes personnel and payroll records in a timely manner as well as other paperwork required in the day-to-day operations of the store.
2. Schedules employees with a focus on controlling payroll costs and adequate coverage and customer service. Manages and motivates employees to reach production guidelines.
3. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers.
4. Monitors and controls the receiving, pricing, displaying and selling of store merchandise within price ranges established by Goodwill management. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
5. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
6. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments and authorizes voids, returns, exchanges and credit for merchandise. Balances cash register receipts, prepares daily bank deposits and maintains records of store transactions for each business day. Ensures that correct sales reports are submitted on a daily basis.
7. Manages store?s loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
8. Provides input on store budget creation. Is responsible for achieving budget by achieving sales revenue projections and maintaining store expenses. Provides input on store budget creation. Is responsible for achieving budget by achieving sales revenue projections and maintaining store expenses.
9. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by practicing good housekeeping practices or delegating those tasks to store employees.
10. Plans and organizes monthly store meetings, functions, and activities.
11. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies and ensures compliance by employees, community service workers, volunteers and trainees.
12. Attends regular management meetings and relates information back to staff. Acts as a positive role model for employees, trainees and customers in all respects of professional development.
13. Ensures the store is open and operational during designated hours of operation.
14. Participates in local community, civic, and business organizations.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Directly supervises up to 30 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws.
click on the link to read more, and to apply!