CDL Driver - North Little Rock, AR
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 8/5/2011
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Student
- Category: Construction/Architecture
Stock Building Supply. Inc., a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers. Currently, we have recruiting for a CDL Driver for our North Little Rock, AR location.
The CDL Driver delivers materials to job site, inspects and maintains truck, reports shortages and claims to supervisor and assists in loading and storing of materials. The hours are Monday ? Friday.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win. Come join the winning team at Stock Building Supply!
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Maintains a current Class A or B Commercial Driver?s License as required.
2. Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
3. Organizes and secures load.
4. Assists forklift operators when loading.
5. Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.?s.
6. Checks orders for accuracy
7. Delivers and unloads materials to customers? satisfaction and provides exceptional customer service.
8. Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
9. Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
10. Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
11. Operates Boom in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
12. Logs in deliveries on supervisor?s log sheet.
13. Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
14. Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
15. Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
16. Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required? High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
2. Minimum experience required?6 months CDL experience including lumber dumping. Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required. MOFFAT experience required.
3. Special skills required?solid math skills, write instructions and complete forms, problem resolution skills. Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
4. Provide our customers with exceptional customer service.
5. Other?Clean driving record, current CDL operator?s license, and current DOT qualifications. Ability to stoop bend, twist, throw and work in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
CV/Resumes to: Rick.Thompson@stocksupply.com