Outside Sales Representative (Comm Flooring) - North Little Rock, AR
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 8/12/2011
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Category: Construction/Architecture, Sales
Stock Building Supply. Inc., a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers. Currently, we have recruiting for an Outside Sales Representative (Comm Flooring) for our North Little Rock, AR location.
This position will be the sales liaison between existing and new Commercial Flooring customers/ accounts. Generating sales with new and existing customers to meet designated sales goals and ensuring the sales and delivery of our products and services.
1. Maintains and grows existing customer base across commercial Flooring categories through effective full scope sales management techniques; including prospecting, account qualifying, sales development, quoting, bid and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
2. Formulate accurate and complete project specific customer information; ranging from regular site visits, plan review and in depth customer discussions to enable correct product and product application.
3. Implement customer specific pricing partnering with inside sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
4. Offer full scope services, product upgrades, installed services and extended product lines optimizing customer account penetration and customer objectives.
5. Educate customers and internal team on new products, services, industry trends and effective installation.
6. Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
7. Update and maintain customer specific information within company systems. Ensure accurate account, customer details and contact information available to management and support teams.
8. Actively participate in A/R (credit) reviews and customer aging issues to ensure timely account collections.
9. Develop and implement full scope account plans; producing an individualized account strategy to maintain, penetrate and grow customer accounts.
10. Schedule regular customer touch bases and account reviews to gather service level feedback, optimize account penetration and ensure exceeding of expectations.
11. Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including service level feedback, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership.
12. Effectively communicate with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
1. Minimum education required?Bachelors in business management, marketing or related field.
2. Minimum experience required?5 years sales experience in Commercial Flooring sales.
3. Demonstrated management experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, bid processes, ability to estimate from blueprints as well as strong sales and marketing skills.
4. Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
5. MS Office and Computer literate.
6. Travel 60-75% of work week.
7. Negotiates contractual agreements.
Resumes to: Elaine.Gallagher@stocksupply.com and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer