Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Company: Perfect 10
- Updated: 2/26/2013
- Location: North Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
To learn more about Perfect 10 visit us online at perfect-10.tv
To submit your application/resume, the direct link is: perfect-10.tv/Corporate/Careers.aspx.
Perfect 10 is a full-service development, manufacturer, and distributor of coaxial cable, satellite and CATV accessories, and installation supplies. The markets we serve include medical, automotive, aerospace, computer peripheral, commercial, telecom, government and consumer. We have a range of specialized, high-tech facilities used for customized design, manufacture, testing and repair of our solutions.
We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us as we create unique, effective, efficient and economical solutions for our clients. We value innovative, creative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Process payments, refunds, and adjustments to dealer accounts. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying monies to maintain financial data for use in sustaining accounting records. This position requires 1-3 years of experience in posting accounts receivable, accounts payable or general ledger journals within a finance department or currently working on an accounting degree with one year of accounting curriculum completed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and basic duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and basic duties.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Create and edit journals in the accounting database for payment, refund and adjustment batches to be coded to the correct general ledger, processed, and posted.
• Data entry alphanumerical information into a computerized accounting software to record payments to dealers accounts as instructed.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Review accounting forms and checklists to ensure correct documentation is attached for processing and submittal to management.
• Read written instruction and follow detailed directions.
• Run pre-defined queries to create reports from the accounting database and Perfect 10’s website.
• Contact account services by telephone or e-mail to clarify received payment information to ensure accurate payment processing is applied to the account.
• Access computerized financial information to answer general questions or research account specific questions such as payment history and invoice details for internal staff.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other team members within the department and throughout the organization.
• Perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as scanning documents, answering correspondence and creating basic spreadsheets.
• Regular and prompt attendance at work is a primary function and requirement of this position.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); and
• Associates degree in Accounting or some college course work completed in accounting is helpful.
• One to three years of experience in posting accounts receivable, accounts payable, or general ledger journals within a finance department or currently working on an accounting degree with one year of accounting curriculum completed; and
• General knowledge of accounting processes and how they flow.
• Computer literate in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Accurate typing skills, approximately 30 words per minute.
• Accurate 10-Key by touch, alphanumeric.
• Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as creating a spreadsheet, formatting a spreadsheet, using the formula bar to perform various functions, importing/exporting documents, and calculating numbers.
• Microsoft Word – Basic level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as composing, editing, naming and saving documents, formatting text, and printing.
• Microsoft Outlook – Basic level. Must have the ability to perform functions such as composing, sending, forwarding and replying to incoming e-mail, attaching computerized files, and utilizing calendar and task reminders.
• General knowledge of how to use a calculator, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, printer, telephone and various standard office equipment.
• Working experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX software is a plus.
• Proficient in basic mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying.
• Primary language used to perform this job is English.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. In business for over 30 years, Perfect 10 is a solid company with an exciting future. And we look forward to having you join our successful team.