PCA Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse
- Company: Professional Counseling Associates
- Updated: 9/30/2013
- Location: North Little Rock & Various Locations
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Nonprofits, Nurses, Professional, Social Services
This exempt position reports to the Chief Clinical Officer, working under a Collaborative Agreement with a PCA Physician. Responsible for provision of psychiatric health care services to meet bio-psychosocial needs of adult and/or child clients in a community outpatient setting, at several locations. This includes the assessment, diagnosis, and pharmacological management of psychiatric disorders. Advanced Practice Nurse is expected to document client status and response to treatment, function as a member of the treatment team, and assist in promoting a therapeutic and welcoming environment. Advanced Nurse Practitioner must maintain positive provider relations with community providers and organizations, such as Primary Care Physicians and local hospitals, and provide internal and external customer service consistent with PCA's goal of excellence and professionalism.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must have all these credentials:
* Adult or Family Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
* BC (Board Certified) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
* Licensed by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing.
* Prescriptive privileges in Arkansas.
* Current valid Arkansas Drivers License with a good driving record.
* Dependable transportation.
* CPR and First Aid training.
* Adult and Child Maltreatment Registry background checks are required.
* A criminal background check and drug screening is required.
Professional Counseling Associates (PCA) is a non-profit Community Mental Health Services Center whose goal is to put our clients needs first and provide the highest standard of service in everything we do. We offer competitive salaries and pay 100% of an employees health and dental benefits, long term disability, and life insurance. Additional benefits are available at the employee's expense, including short term disability, vision, health savings accounts, and various critical illness options. We also offer a 401k. PCA is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity workplace. To apply for an open position with PCA, please visit our Website at pca-ar.org.and submit an application, resume and cover letter to Leesa Ferguson, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.