Intervention Specialists - Paraprofessionals
- Company: Professional Counseling Associates
- Updated: 8/1/2013
- Location: Jacksonville & Lonoke, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Medical/Dental, Nonprofits, Social Services
Professional Counseling Associates (PCA), a multi-clinic community mental health provider in central Arkansas, is searching for two Intervention Specialists (aka Paraprofessionals) for our Jacksonville and Lonoke clinics. The Jacksonville non-exempt position works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Outpatient Services and the Chief Clinical Officer. The Lonoke non-exempt position works under the supervision of the PROMOTE Program Coordinator in addition to the CCO. These positions assess strengths and needs of the clients; plan, provide access and coordinate holistic continuing care and services for children and adolescents. Provide emergency services to client and community (by telephone & face-to-face) around the clock; Provide group, individual, marital and family treatment in conjunction with a qualified Mental Health Professional; Provide on-site and off-site interventions; Access community resources in person and by telephone; Provide for personal safety and that of clients; Work irregular and/or extended hours as indicated by client needs; Maintain voice accessibility to clients and/or other treatment providers.
• Must have or achieve Certification as Mental Health Paraprofessional, as defined by RSPMI Manuals.
• Past experience in mental health and utilization of community resources is preferred.
• Must have one of the following credentials:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or other related field.
• OR Licensed nurse who does meet the criteria of Mental Health Professional under the state standards.
• OR Certified Paraprofessional with a least 2 years experience in a Mental Health setting.
• Criminal background check, safe driving record and drug screening are required.
• Registry checks for Adult Maltreatment and Child Maltreatment required.
• CPR and First Aid Training, at hire or within agreed-upon time frame after hire.