Fiber Test and Turn-Up Technician/Analyst
- Company: CEG Partners
- Updated: 11/29/2012
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Contract/Temp
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Telecommunications
Fiber Test and Turn-Up Technician Analyst is a long term contract position.
The successful candidate will perform software upgrades, configuration changes and testing on Accedian MetroNodes/NIDs and EtherNIDs, Cisco ME3400s and 7600s in the network.
- Support wireless carriers as they roll out 4G/LTE Networks
- Provide cell site Ethernet Back Haul (EBH) testing and support
- Manage sites, provide SLA statistics
- Turn-up, test, trouble-shoot of transport circuits
Ethernet protocol and standards knowledge ( RFC-2544 testing)
Accedian EtherNIDs or Overture ISG-24 and ISG-26
VLAN, LAN, WAN experience
Layer-2 Ethernet experience
Previous NOC experience
Data Network or Transport Network experience
Configuring and supporting Cisco ME3400 and 7606 switches
- Demonstrated competence in LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, and routing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in technical skills in data networking
- 3 or more years data telecommunications experience.
- 3+ years troubleshooting network elements, routing protocols, data services, and transport layer problems.