Manufacturing Supervisor Door Shop (809-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/12/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Manufacturing
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Plans, supervises and coordinates all activities related to the manufacture of doors, windows, stairs, specialty products, etc, including quality control, marketing, delivery of goods and other support functions.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Oversees all work activities and personnel of the assigned area.
1. Establishes work schedule and develops cost effective plan to meet store goals.
2. Maintains equipment and machinery.
3. Supervises personnel and ensures adherence to company and department policies and procedures; performs personnel management duties including hiring, training, completing disciplinaries, etc.
4. Monitors all costs and inventory levels.
5. Ensures excellent customer relations and satisfactory services are provided.
6. Oversees delivery operation including truck repair and maintenance and drivers.
7. Compiles data and prepares various reports.
8. Completes various reports and maintains records as needed.
9. Assists with inventory and purchasing functions as required.
10. Performs other related duties as necessary.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (Requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—High School Diploma with 2 years of additional advanced training in building materials component production and assembly.
2. Special skills required—Proficient comprehension of measurements and basic math principles. Understanding of the operation, troubleshooting and repair of related machinery and equipment. Should possess excellent oral communication and interpersonal/ customer service skills. Knowledge of inventory control, negotiations and purchases. Must be computer literate.
3. Other—Ability to perform all physical aspects including repetitive lifting up to 100 lbs, stooping, twisting and bending. Performing various duties throughout manufacturing process for training and relief purposes.
* Minimum experience required—2 years of supervisory experience in the building materials industry with an emphasis in component production and assembly. Managing a workforce of up to 15 subordinates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: