Sales Representative - Repair and Remodel (756-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 11/30/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Category: Sales
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Stock Building Supply’s sales liaison between existing and new customers accounts generating sales with new and existing customers to meet designated sales goals and ensuring the sales and delivery of our products and services.
1. Maintains and grows existing customer base across the Repair and Remodel business categories through effective full scope sales management techniques; including prospecting, account qualifying, sales development, quoting and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
2. Formulates accurate and complete project specific customer information; ranging from regular site visits, plan review and in- depth customer discussions to enable correct product and product application.
3. Implements customer specific pricing partnering with inside sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
4. Offers full scope services, product upgrades and extended product lines optimizing customer account penetration and customer objectives.
5. Educates customers and internal team on new products, services, industry trends and effective installation.
6. Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
7. Updates and maintains customer specific information within company systems. Ensures accurate account, customer details and contact information available to management and support teams.
8. Actively participates in A/R (credit) reviews and customer aging issues to ensure timely account collections.
9. Develops and implements full scope account plans; producing an individualized account strategy to maintain, penetrate and grow customer accounts.
10. Schedules regular customer touch bases and account reviews to gather service level feedback, optimizing account penetration and ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
11. Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback including service level feedback, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership.
12. Effectively communicates with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
1. Minimum education required—Bachelors in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
2. Demonstrated management experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, ability to estimate from blueprints as well as strong sales and marketing skills.
3. Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
4. MS Office and Computer literate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: