LEAN Project Manager (879-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/7/2012
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers. At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Purpose: To identify, develop and implement LEAN practices throughout the enterprise and to manage LEAN Projects as directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing distribution organization; supporting process improvement projects using LEAN Operations methodologies. Lean Black-belt certification is essential. 75 to 80% travel required within the US.
This role can be located anywhere in the US, one of our top markets within Stock’s footprint is preferred.
- Participation in at least one full lifecycle Lean project and preferably in a mfg distribution location.
- Must have deep knowledge of process improvement as it applies to operational efficiencies.
- Strong, applicable knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma tools and methods, Business Process Management, Change Management and Business Process Re-engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly master Location/Mfg specific business processes. Lean Method, models and tools and provide application leadership and mentoring in this context
- Excellent facilitation, selling and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
- Skills and experience in end-to-end process analysis, design and improvement to rapidly deliver major business outcomes
- Ability to produce high quality written and verbal communication within a knowledge management framework
- Exceptional PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word SharePoint, Project and SQL
- Undergraduate degree in an Applied Science/Masters preferred\
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: