Location Manager (932-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/12/2012
- Location: Springdale, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Management
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Directs, manages and oversees location activities including the operational, manufacturing and service activities within a designated location focusing on operational support of sales and ensures the location's maximization of productivity and profitability.
1. Coordinates and oversees location's operational and manufacturing team activities to maximize efficiencies and resources ensuring company and customer service level standards are met and exceeded.
2. Full scope performance management of location's managers, supervisors and associates including hiring, training, development, providing regular feedback, direction, delegation of duties and coaching for all direct reports and location associates establishing a performance driven location team.
3. Develops, coordinates and executes budgets and operational strategies with Market Manager, Market Sales Manager and Operations team.
4. Regularly reviews duties, workload assignments and responsibilities with direct reports and associates. Realigns duties and responsibilities to adjust to workflow and business demands.
5. Monitors and regularly reviews inventory quantities; coordinating with sales and Inventory Control Specialist to balancing optimal inventory turn times, maximization of sales efforts and controlling costs.
6. Ensures location expectations of productivity, operational excellence and customer service level standards are implemented and met ensuring On-Time and In-Full standards are achieved.
7. Acting Safety Officer for the location; coordinating safety efforts with location"s Safety Coordinator.
8. Frequently compiles and reviews standard reports; analyzing production reports, labor costs, employee attendance reports, departmental expenses, quality assurance reports and On- Time/ In-Full reports.
9. Reviews location performance results; facilitates daily communications meetings, noting successes, overall standings and improvement plans with direct reports and location associates. Coordinates feedback into action items and plan course of actions.
10. Monitors, coordinates and administers machine maintenance to ensure proper and safe operations, optimal forklift and truck performance and fully protecting company assets.
11. Acting location point of contact for customer service issues and concerns. Identifies and implements appropriate corrective actions and next steps.
12. Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including team and individual performance, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership team.
13. Secures, trains and develops associate talent pool to ensure successful retention and promotional standards.
14. Maintains open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
*High School Diploma or GED. Bachelors in Business Management, Marketing or realted field
*Demonstrated management experience, financial analysis, operational productivity, forecasting and budgetary planning as well as strong cost control and management skills.
*Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
*MS Office and Computer literate
*Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
*Minimum 3-5 years management experience in designated builder segment and building materials supply,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: