Warehouse Worker (934-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/12/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Manufacturing
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Yard/ Warehouse position; full-scope yard and warehouse responsibilities including use of hand controlled forklifts and forklift operation, loading and unloading all lumber and building materials, receiving and shipping, picking orders, stocking and counting inventory, monitoring quality of goods and products and completing all necessary paperwork thoroughly and accurately. Assist in sales related administrative and customer service activities. All duties are to be performed within established safety protocol and procedures.
1. Safely and efficiently load, unload and build outgoing loads of lumber and building materials into storage facilities, onto semi-trailer trucks and flatbeds, securing all outgoing loads in appropriate and safe stacking method. In some locations, automated loading systems are also utilized.
2. Regularly empties trash receptacles and maintains a clean warehouse and yard.
3. Safely operates banding equipment, saws and other necessary facility equipment.
4. Ensures staging areas, loading docks and bays are clear of any materials, lumber or obstacles.
5. Occasionally provides load delivery assistance upon Location Manager directive when loads are difficult or oversized.
6. Receives and organizes all incoming lumber, warehouse products, commodities and materials in a timely and efficient manner. Completing all verification paperwork and material distribution into the appropriate bins and storage locations/areas within same business day.
7. Participates in and supports Inventory and Inventory Control activities, maintaining organized warehouse and yard as well as counting and preparation work for inventories.
8. Open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
*Minimum eductaion - High School Diploma or GED.
*Current Forklift certification required and must maintain certification to retain position.
*Lumber and building material product knowledge, basic math skills, accurate with a tape measure, saw and hammer.
*Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Basic computer knowledge a plus.
*Minimum 6 months forklift experience and 6 months warehouse and material handling experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: