Field Supervisor - Flooring (935-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/12/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Middle Management
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Construction/Architecture, Management
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Prepares estimates, sells and coordinates installation of flooring for contracting agent.
1. Estimates, provides quotes and sells flooring to builders and homeowners.
2. Schedules and supervises installation crews.
3. Educates, demonstrates product usage, and assists customer with product selections.
4. Reviews all building plans or blue prints to determine questions or issues.
5. Prepares and submits periodic reports detailing activities, sales, volumes and expenses.
6. Maintains inventory on all materials needed and orders materials as needed. Monitors costs.
7. Supervises personnel and ensures adherence to department/ company polices and procedures.
8. Maintains discipline, fosters good employee relations and boosts moral. Performs other normal supervisory duties.
9. Performs personnel management duties including training, hiring, terminating, initiating disciplinary actions, completing performance reviews, monitoring and making departmental wage recommendations.
10. Performs other related duties as necessary.
1. Minimum education required—High School Diploma
2. Minimum experience required—5 years of experience working in general construction and 2 yrs supervising work groups. Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors.
3. Special skills required—Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Broad knowledge of all facets of residential construction. Previous experience working with installation crews. Ability to interpret contracts and legal agreements. Excellent communication, interpersonal customer relation’s skills. Ability to work with and motivate personnel.
4. Special knowledge required—Detailed knowledge of flooring, applications, specifications and costs. Knowledge of building code and inspection processes.
5. Other-- Computer literate. Ability to work in a variety of environments and climates. Able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly and 100 lbs occasionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: