Building Materials CDL Driver (927-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/14/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Transportation
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Delivers materials to job site, inspects and maintains truck, reports shortages and claims to supervisor and assists in loading and storing of materials.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
- Maintains a current Class A Driver’s License .
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operates all trucks in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Logs in deliveries using handheld device.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
- Minimum education required— High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum experience required—2 years CDL experience including lumber dumping. Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required.
- Special skills required— Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
- Other—Clean driving record, current CDL operator’s license, and current DOT qualifications. Ability to stoop bend, twist, throw and work in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Must be a CDL driver with at least two years experience driving
- Tractor Trailer (semi) and experience and/or trucks with mounties and roll off trailers needed.
- Moffett or 3 wheeled forklift experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: