Estimator - Residential (940-376)
- Company: STOCK BUILDING SUPPLY, LLC
- Updated: 12/14/2012
- Location: Springdale
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Construction/Architecture
Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Uses computer technology and mathematical skill to prepare an estimation of the amount of materials needed for the construction of a home in accordance with Company policies.
- Estimates the amount of materials needed for home construction according to company policy and local building code.
- Assists salesmen as needed with customer orders and materials lists.
- Assists in trim take-offs as requested.
- Provides assistance to contractors as needed.
- Trains sales representatives in estimating techniques.
- Assist sales staff with blueprint reading and construction procedures.
- Review actual vs. estimated materials on completion of each project.
- Works on sales/ hardware counter as assigned.
- Control expenditures to conform to company budgetary requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
- Minimum education required—Technical Degree in engineering or related area.
- Minimum experience required—2 or more years of construction and building materials related experience.
- Special skills required—Ability to read blueprints and other technical materials. Ability to interpret building plans in diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software application programs and to instruct others in effective use of application software. Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Special Knowledge required—Understanding of measurements and basic math principles.
- Other--as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Please apply directly at: