Sr. Accountant/Finance & Admin Officer - Americas
- Company: Heifer International
- Updated: 6/14/2013
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Salary offered depends upon experience
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
The Finance & Administrative Officer – Americas is a termed 12- to 18-month position with functions dedicated to facilitating all financial and human resource aspects of the Americas Area Program, providing support to field offices, and acting as a liaison between relevant Heifer International departments and the field in these areas. This position will work in direct consultation with the Director of Finance & Administration – Americas to promote consistency and efficiency.
1. Collaborate and provide guidance in the implementation of enterprise-wide financial system and accounting system conversions for all field offices.
2. Provide coordination, international assistance, financial guiding principle and general administrative support to the country offices/regional programs to ensure compliance with Heifer International policies and procedures and other accountability standards through trainings, field visits and remote connectivity.
3. Coordinate preparation and monitoring of area program budgets.
4. Provide analysis of the cost effectiveness of the area program including headquarters, field office and project costs.
5. Participate and provide support to project planning and design activities.
6. Assist with grant proposals budget preparation and review.
7. Support internal control assurance and monitoring procedures including, but not limited to, reviews of financial reporting and transactions, system and bank reconciliations, variance analysis, internal observations, and on-site internal audits.
8. Support independent external audits, including auditor scheduling and communications, financial information requests, internal control questionnaires, and follow-up.
9. Prepare and monitor internal and external reports, including federal reports, grants and other donor requested reports.
10. Coordinate with the Information Technology department as necessary to enhance and provide support within program area both at Headquarters and the field offices.
11. Coordinate and/or facilitate meetings, conferences and training workshops.
12. Monitor database for financial and donor accuracy.
13. Assist with grant proposal budget preparation and review.
14. Support the development and implementation of processes designed to minimize risk and enhance an effective internal control environment.
15. Participate in the ongoing documentation, enhancement, implementation and monitoring of enterprise-wide accounting policies and procedures, applying those organizational policies and procedures within the parameters of country-specific laws and standards to ensure that country program office accounting handbooks appropriately reflect alignment of organization and country-specific accounting requirements.
16. Collaborate in the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide uniform chart of accounts and uniform periodic financial reporting package.
17. Support the integration of enterprise-wide financial systems and accounting system conversions as needed to achieve integration.
18. Participate in the development and implementation of an efficient financial closing process, including required procedures for financial consolidation.
19. Provide project management input for business process change.
20. Support and coordinate enterprise-wide finance and accounting policies and procedures as needed.
21. May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of related experience, including at least two (2) years’ relevant auditing experience.
• Fluency in Spanish, preferably from a country where Spanish is the primary language.
For a full job description and to apply visit our website: heifer.org/careers