- Company: Goodwill Industries of Arkansas
- Updated: 1/23/2013
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: based on experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Finance, Nonprofits
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position ensures accurate accounting reports for store sales, account receivables and cash. Duties include performing a variety of complex clerical and bookkeeping work, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting or other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Compile store daily sales for distribution. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Verify/reconcile store deposits to bank accounts each day; note discrepancies and follow-up within Store Managers and/or District Managers regarding cash issues. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Check bank accounts for NSF's and notify Store Managers of items larger than $50; compile monthly NSF's and Hot lists and deliver to appropriate Store Manages. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Prepare and post daily deposits, including "Change-4-Change" and "Found Money" monies. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
5. Handle all aspects of Accounts Receivables; prepare and post salvage invoices; email/mail invoices weekly; reconcile Workforce Development monthly billings and payments--assist in collecting unpaid monies; prepare voucher invoices to appropriate community partners; prepare and mail monthly statements to all customers. This duty is performed daily, about 40% of the time.
6. Prepare monthly recurring and adjusting journal vouchers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
7. Sort incoming store envelopes, distribute items to appropriate departments, prepare for storage. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Assist in monthly general ledger reconciliation and year-end audit work papers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.