- Company: Goodwill Industries of Arkansas
- Updated: 3/16/2016
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: based on experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Banking/Finance, Clerical/Administrative, Finance, Nonprofits
Want to make a difference in the lives of Arkansans? Goodwill Industries of Arkansas has been changing lives in our community through education, training and employment since 1927!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position ensures accurate accounting reports for store sales, account receivables and cash. Duties include performing a variety of complex clerical and bookkeeping work, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting or other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill’s Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) Culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and in every interaction you have with co-workers, customers, and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Compile daily store sales for distribution. This duty is performed daily, about
25% of the time.
2. Verify and reconcile store deposits to bank accounts each day; note discrepancies and follow-up with Store Managers and/or District Managers regarding cash issues. Reconcile store bank accounts at end of month. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Check bank accounts for NSF's and notify Store Managers of items larger than $10; compile monthly NSF's and Hot lists and deliver to appropriate Store Managers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Reconcile insurance bills to payroll deduction records. Advice HR and Payroll of variances, so appropriate action may be taken in a timely manner to correct insurance bills and payroll deduction records. This duty is performed monthly about 5% of the time.
5. Compile and report EnergyStar data for all locations. This duty is performed monthly about 5% of the time.
6. Track and report issuance and redemption of birthday gift cards, bonus bucks, and gift cards. This duty is performed monthly about 5% of the time.
7. Process and mail accounts payable checks and file invoices. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
8. Prepare monthly recurring and adjusting journal vouchers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
9. Sort incoming store envelopes, distribute items to appropriate departments, and prepare for storage. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Assist in monthly general ledger reconciliation and year-end audit work papers. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Associate degree in accounting or business.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Bachelor degree in accounting or business.
5+ years’ experience with working knowledge of bookkeeping practices and accepted office procedures.
Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with or without technical assistance, such as the use of a calculator and computer spreadsheet software.
Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions as well as technical or legal terminology.
Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, and legible manner.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, various levels of management staff and the general public in a professional and business-like manner.
Demonstrated ability to work with Excel as well as exposure to accounting software packages, e.g., MIP.
Job Type: Full-time
• Accounting: 5 years