Director Creative Services
- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 3/1/2013
- Location: Fort Smith, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Director of Creative Services is to manage the Creative Services Department and oversee all news and station promotion. Must be imaginative, creative, and have a strong artistic background. Must recognize the importance of quality, branding and of providing a competitive edge.
Core Job Functions:
• Manages employees in the Creative Services Department. Supervises station artists in the implementation of station’s on-air look.
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro and After Effects to oversee and be involved in creating promotional and graphic templates
• Directs placement of station promotional spots, station identification’s and community service advertising.
• Develops the station advertising plans in consultation with appropriate department managers and consultants. Design timelines and processes to track progress against goals.
• Works with network affiliate in implementing tie-ins to network programming. Manages the CBS CO-OP Swap to maximize benefit.
• Handles budgeting for Creative Services. Makes capital recommendations for Creative Services hardware and software purchases.
• Writes and produces templates for the station topical ads, image ads, and other programs (syndicated shows and network programs).
• Supervises purchase of outside media for station advertising and supervises the creation of branded campaigns.
• Oversees set design and news production like camera angles, lighting changes and set changes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Station Specific Duties:
• Oversee all station promotions.
• Oversees with Director of Marketing the scheduling of station events and talent appearances at those events.
• Orders station merchandise, signage and apparel and oversees creative process.
• Oversees station contests and checks with attorneys to insure contests are legal.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Managerial ability needed to oversee and supervise professional staff of writers, producers and artists. This person must be trained and proficient in the use of Final Cut Pro and After Effects. This person must be a good communicator with the ability to manage a departmental budget and influence changes when there is an opportunity to increase revenue or ratings. This person needs to have good organizational skills to develop procedures that can be easily tracked and communicated to all involved.
College Degree preferred. A minimum of two to five years of work experience. Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office products; and excellent writing skills.
Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on the equipment. Good eyesight and hearing for composition and evaluation of commercial production and programs.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume to email@example.com and put “CSD Position” in Subject field.
KFSM-TV / KXNW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer