- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 3/13/2013
- Location: Fayetteville, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
5NEWS which broadcasts from two studios in Fort Smith, AR and Fayetteville, AR is looking for a motivated, hard-working news photographer to join our team and work out of our Northwest Arkansas newsroom. We are looking for someone who can prove they are not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Solid news judgment and being flexible with assigned schedule to do the best job possible and beat the competition is a plus. Experience and working knowledge of digital video photography, 3-point lighting and non-linear editing systems is also a plus. Photographers shoot with Sony EX3 cameras and edit video/audio with Final Cut Pro. The ideal candidate would have TV experience as a News Photographer. This is a Full-Time position.
Core Job Functions:
• Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot.
• Works alone or with a reporter to shoot and edit stories for broadcast.
• Operates ENG microwave vans and SNG satellite trucks.
• Must understand and be able to learn non-linear digital editing systems and related programs.
• The ability to read maps/use GPS and navigate quickly.
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
• Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle and equipment.
• Establish good working relationship with co-workers, officials and the public.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Ability to operate ENG Microwave van, drive vehicle and set up tripods, etc. Knowledge of how cameras, wired/wireless microphones and accessories work to perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary. Exercise good news judgment, able to problem-solve on your own. Exercises car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.) Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or TV News equivalent work experience.
Dexterity to operate camera, laptop, tripod, etc. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: Camera, audio equipment, tripods, batteries, etc. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, reel (links) and references to Robby Ferguson, Chief Photographer, KFSM-TV via e-mail (preferred method) to email@example.com or by mail to 4201 North Shiloh Dr. Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703
JOB POSTED BY AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER