Budget and Finance Analyst / Payroll Administrator
- Company: William J. Clinton Foundation
- Updated: 3/15/2013
- Location: 610 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock, AR 72201
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Finance
The Clinton Foundation is seeking a Budget and Finance Analyst with the knowledge and skills to also be our Payroll Administrator. The primary role for this individual would be to provide support with periodic reporting to our programs and departments as well as Analysis and managerial reporting to Executive Management. This person would also be responsible for all aspects of payroll administration, working primarily with the Foundation’s HR/Payroll system, Workday, as well as our payroll vendor. The incumbent will spend approximately 60% of their time on Finance related tasks, and 40% on the payroll administration functions.
• Provides support to the various programs and departments in developing and maintaining budgets as needed.
• Provides support to the various programs and departments in producing monthly and other periodic financial reports .
• Provides updates to management on the progress of budget versus expenses. Produces higher level reports on the organization as a whole.
• Reviews and analyzes reports to look for problems in accounting coding and oversight for corrections of these problems.
• Process bi-weekly multi-state, multi-location payroll for 200+ employees.
• Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing in Workday including, but not limited to processing leave accruals, Timesheets from various sources, running accounting and payroll related reports, verifying payroll set up for employees, adjusting cost allocations as required, and performing relevant other payroll administrative tasks in Workday.
• Reconcile Payroll Account Balances, payments vs. withheld payments to assure cash flow management verifying that transactions are in balance and applied to the correct account.
• Verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, informational imports for Workday, direct deposit information, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
• Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, direct deposits, time sheet data, pay rate changes and garnishments as required.
• Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
• Create detail report for tracking of vendor disbursements and cash movements to cover payroll.
• Create payroll invoice import files for Accounting System.
• Responsible for working with payroll vendor to assure their responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Review of tax forms as needed.
• Process year-end W2 forms and related documents.
• Provide positive customer service on all questions related to compensation from employees, taxing authorities, senior management, third party vendors, accounting, etc.
• Maintain organized and secure payroll files.
•Bachelors degree required
• Excellent analytical skills
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of Workday ERP helpful but not required
• Knowledge of VSDP, pre and post tax deductions
• Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations
• Demonstrated ability to perform accurate and timely high volume data entry of payroll data
• Demonstrated working knowledge of a fast-paced deadline oriented payroll or financial operation
• Advanced Excel Skills, esp. manipulating pivot tables
• Ability to establish priorities, manage details and obtain successful results with a high volume workload
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspect of the job
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
Physical and Other Requirements
• Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands
This position is overtime eligible. (If applicable)
To Apply: Please go to careers-clintonfoundation.icims.com to send us your cover letter and resume.
The William J. Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.