Insurance Billing & Eligibility Supervisor
- Company: Premier Staffing
- Updated: 12/23/2013
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 45-50k
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Insurance
Very successful benefits company is seeking a Billing & Eligibility Supervisor. Must be familiar with Medical Billing supervision, and meet the following guidelines:
1. Primary Purpose:
This position will be responsible for supervising staff to process premium, billing & policy maintenance, and suspense for employer groups.
2. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring team’s workload is evenly distributed among team members in order to reach department goals and objectives. Will be required to place heavy emphasis on production and implementing strategies to maximize business performance with resources provided.
• Identify and implement ideas for improving department/team processes and procedures.
• Responsible for defining and re-evaluating standards for your team based on their functions including (but not limited to) group payments, billings, maintenance, group cancellations and audits as well as monitoring, managing, and ensuring team and individual productivity and quality is maintained at an optimal level and meets our service level requirements.
• Lead occasional projects including attending meetings and representing Group Billing with a thorough knowledge of the processes of Group Billing. Will also be responsible for providing management with a routine update of team progress and status on work volume, turnaround, personnel issues, outstanding issues, etc.
• Handle all clients to facilitate better payment, billing or maintenance processes between the organizations as well as communicating with clients to help to diffuse and resolve any concerns, questions or issues with a high level of diplomacy. Collect new updates to processes/procedures across the departments regularly and communicate pertinent details to your staff to keep them up to date on the latest information.
• Responsible for performing employee evaluations, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, hiring and terminations and ensuring that your staff is communicating, monitoring, and coaching their staff on a regular basis.
• May be required to work on additional projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
• Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
• Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
3. Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent education/ experience required.
• Proficient knowledge of English grammar, proper business etiquette and spelling with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Independent decision making skills and strong leaderships skills required.
• Strong organizational, attention to detail, follow-through and analytical skills required.
4. Preferred Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of billing/accounting and/or insurance experience highly preferred.
• 3-5 years of Supervisory experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook preferred. Web and Access experience a plus.
5. Working Conditions: List type of work environment (Office or Home), percentage of travel time required or any other relevant working conditions.
• This position is located in an office environment.
• Must be able to sit and work at computer for long periods of time.
• Punctual and regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
Does this sound like the job for you? Please email resumes to email@example.com