Crop Insurance Claims Representative (area of Supervision: Arkansas)
- Company: American Farm Bureau Insurance Services, Inc.
- Updated: 4/29/2013
- Location: Arkansas (Field staff position)
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Category: Agriculture/Forestry
TITLE: Crop Insurance Claims Representative (area of Supervision: Arkansas)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Perform claim duties for Crop Hail and MPCI product line as assigned by next level of authority.
REPORTS TO: Regional Claims Manager or Crop Insurance Field Representative
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Staying abreast of all crop insurance industry procedures relating to proper administration of claim settlement procedures.
· Able to assume leadership role by organizing and coordinating efforts of per diem adjusters to timely settle numerous claims.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Keep abreast of crop insurance industry claims standards and legal requirements.
· Answers inquiries from adjusters and insured’s pertaining to the interpretation of policy provisions and FCIC guidelines as they apply to MPCI claims.
· May assign crop insurance adjusters to work crop claims.
· Trains crop insurance adjusters in correct loss adjustment procedures and compilation of necessary paperwork.
RELATIONSHIPS: Participate as an employee and representative of AFBIS, Inc. in a professional and courteous manner.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Requires a bachelors degree or two to three years of crop insurance experience with emphasis in the claims area or a combination of the two. Must have thorough understanding of Crop Hail and MPCI forms, endorsements, and approved claims adjusting procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: Proven negotiation/debating skills are required. Superior oral and written skills are required. Able to make logical decisions which support company philosophy and direction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to manage both financial and people resources. Able to read, analyze, and interpret legal and policy information. Must be willing to relocate. Position requires driving for extended periods of time, walking on uneven ground in fields and climbing storage structures.
To apply for this position: please send resumé to Joy Harshbarger, Human Resources Generalist, American Agricultural Insurance Company, 1501 E. Woodfield Road, Suite 300W, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Electronic submissions will also be accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.