- Company: DLM
- Updated: 5/13/2013
- Location: Malvern, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Management, Manufacturing
Overview of Position
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies in the organization, taking into consideration cost, quality, and production time restraints.
Description of Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Establishes contacts with vendors, obtains quotes and negotiates price, quantity, delivery dates and terms and conditions of purchases.
- Communicates efficiently and professionally, in both written and verbal form.
- Assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are maintained.
- Communicates with other departments regarding new product developments and the availability of material and supplies.
- Expedites rush and special orders.
- Maintains acceptable levels of inventory that match production output.
- Monitors changes in the market, new product developments, or processes.
- Uses basic computer software such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing applications, email, Internet, ERP system, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business- or manufacturing-related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment that demonstrates progressive increase in level of responsibility and scope of duties.
- Working knowledge of MRP, TCM, SAP, or other ERP system.
Systems, Inc. offers competitive pay and a full benefits package which includes: medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) and match, flexible spending account, paid holidays and vacations. For more information about Systems, Inc., visit docksystemsinc.com.
To apply for this position, email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 262-946-0406, or mail it to:
Attention: Human Resources
W194 N11481 McCormick Drive
Germantown, WI 53022
All applicants must pass a drug screen prior to employment.
No follow-up phone calls or emails please.