Premium Billing Analyst
- Company: Transamerica Worksite Marketing
- Updated: 5/29/2013
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
This position is responsible for a range of services to process insurance premium payments and maintain accurate policy records. This includes applying premium payments, maintaining policyholder data, and processing premium-related policy changes which includes:
• Processing all types of maintenance and premium transactions related to billable policies including but not limited to terminations/cancellations, reversing and applying premium, issuing refunds, researching and resolving issues related to billing/premium/coverage discrepancies within the applicable billing cycle.
• Prompt and accurate reconciliation and posting of employer/employee payments via paper or electronic remittance and billing maintenance/suspense resolution within established service levels and turnaround standards.
• Generating correspondence and perform multiple functions related to billing/policy changes to include interpreting policy language for portability/continuation/conversion, etc.
• Initiate requests to other departments and external customers to resolve or correct billing/premium/coverage discrepancies and will be responsible for timely follow-up on requests to proactively resolve issues and communicate resolution to the customer and the necessary parties involved.
• Reviewing and researching items on system generated exception reports to clear outstanding suspense or resolve past due policies/groups.
• Import premium files and process maintenance files received from our electronic customers.
• May be responsible for ongoing communication via phone or email with our customers (electronic or web customers, third party administrators, agents, employers, etc) to initiate file exchange, follow-up on missing files or file errors, process file and coordinate file processes; contact new groups to setup and explain our billing/premium process; and investigating and resolving issues related to returned checks, delinquent accounts, misapplied premiums, and other discrepancies.
High school diploma or equivalent; proficient and accurate data entry skills; strong analytical and problem solving ability; ability to execute auditing fundamentals; ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines; strong communication skills; 3+ years of accounting experience; PC proficiency.
Insurance and Billing experience preferred.
Benefit eligible employees qualify for the AEGON USA, Inc. benefit package, which is a comprehensive package including optional Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, and more! Additional details may be provided upon selection for interview.
Transamerica’s pay ranges are competitive and are based on the external labor market. An annual bonus opportunity may be available to regular employees.
Interested candidates, please apply online @ transamerica.com/about_us/careers/index.asp