Accounts Payable Clerk - Business Office
- Company: Philander Smith College
- Updated: 8/20/2013
- Location: Philander Smith College
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Clerical/Administrative
Accounts Payable Clerk – Business Office
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk performs tasks and duties under direct supervision, using well-defined policies and procedures (work is reviewed by supervisor). Limited opportunity exists for exercising independent judgment and decision making (refers most problems to supervisor).
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Receives invoices and check requests;
• Sorts and reviews invoices and check requests for proper account codes, discounts, payment terms, and employment status;
• Sets up and maintains a record and filing system of accounts payable vendor files and other financial records including purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review;
• Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems, acting as a liaison between departments and vendors;
• Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma, plus five years of work experience in processing accounts payable and maintaining vendor relations. Applicant must have a positive attitude, and a commitment to a high level of customer service and organization. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional letters of reference to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 W. Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
Applications packets can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E-Verify.