Administrative Assistant, Department of Athletics
- Company: Philander Smith College
- Updated: 6/17/2013
- Location: Philander Smith College
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Category: Clerical/Administrative
Philander Smith College is seeking an Administrative Assistant to be responsible for the varied and complex clerical and administrative work assignments involving the use of judgment and discretion in support of the Department of Athletics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides administrative support to the Department of Athletics, which includes the Athletic Director and coaches (i.e., typing, filing, phone work, data entry, database entry work, creates charts/graphs, takes/distributes meeting minutes, schedules meetings, organizes files/papers, and orders office supplies.)
• Types and processes routine correspondence to include: reports, lists, forms, and applications as required.
• Proofreads documents and makes corrections as needed from written and/ oral instruction.
• Develops and maintains Master Calendar for the department.
• Assists coaches with team travel which includes bus and hotel reservations, requests for travel money, file travel list, file absentee sheets for teams when they travel.
• Assists the Athletic Director with fund raising which includes; correspondence with donors, coordinate meetings with potential donors, set up and monitor donor list.
• Hires and coordinates student and adult workers for game day management which includes; ticket sales, concession, visiting host, official host, scores table workers and security.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of how to schedule meetings using automated function
• Skilled in professional use of the telephone and internet
• Ability to organize paper, data and projects
• Ability to create charts and graphs
• Ability to communicate professionally in oral and written format
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to multi-task including answering and directing phone requests, faxing, e-mail, and walk-in requests, operating communication system, and using headset and radio systems.
• Experience in maintaining and preparing records, taking minutes/agenda.
• Experience in arranging and scheduling meeting/appointments, maintain multiple calendar systems and maintain/update address books
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (CONT’D):
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, e-mail, internet, and other relevant software; ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately and ability to update skills on a continual basis.
• Ability to deal with varied personalities and maintain pleasant customer service attitude; strong interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to prioritize workflow and coordinate activities.
• Have the skill to independently address problems related to various interoffice and student concerns.
• Experience in preparing letters, memos, marketing materials, budgets, presentations and other related documents from scratch, rough drafts, and corrected copies utilizing various business and presentation software; proofread completed materials and make corrections as necessary.
• Must have a strong work ethic and be extremely reliable.
• Knowledgeable about athletics.
• A cheery disposition and ability to effectively handle stress.
• Loyal with high integrity and a demonstrated record of a strong work ethic.
A minimum of an Associate’s degree in administration, business, accounting, or a related field plus three (3) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional letters of reference to:
Philander Smith College
Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 W. Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
Applications packets can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E-Verify.