Local Sales Manager
- Company: KFSM TV
- Updated: 6/14/2013
- Location: Fayetteville, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Telecommunications
Purpose/reason for this Position:
5NEWS which broadcasts from two studios in Fort Smith, AR and Fayetteville, AR is looking for a Local Sales Manager. The primary focus of the Local Sales Manager is to achieve station sales budgets by managing and enhancing the skills of an aggressive sales team.
Core Job Functions:
• Manages a sales team to achieve budget for KFSM-TV, KXNW-TV, 5Newsonline & Mobile.
• Plans and projects future growth of revenue and personnel to meet sales goals.
• Establishes and implements strategic plans for sales team.
• Develops and implements plans, new products and effective sales presentations to generate new business.
• Evaluates sales team members using Performance Appraisal system.
• Trains sales team on a continuous basis.
• Makes frequent sales calls, independently and with sales personnel.
• Manages and controls expenses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Station Specific Duties:
• Maximize various revenue venues through advertising sales on KFSM-TV, KXNW-TV, 5Newsonline and our Mobile product(s) by effectively training and implementing effective Sales strategies utilizing the Local Sales force.
• Maximize the tools available (WOTraffic, WOSales, Nielsen, STRATA and IT solutions, etc.) to develop advertising solutions for Local advertisers through effective communications with the Account Executives and their clients.
• Perform at least four client/AE meetings per week.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience in managing sales team in television or related industry is desired. Ability to direct a professional sales staff in achieving sales goals. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one). Individual must also have computer skills and knowledge of the internet.
Minimum of five years of sales experience in television or related industry.
Eyesight to do sales research and verbal skills used in conversation. Ability to drive vehicle. Dexterity to operate keys and buttons on computers and telephones. Ability to lift tapes, sales packages, and other objects up to 20 pounds and over where needed. Exposed to all kinds of weather in connection with making sales calls on clients.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit application, resume, and references to Mark LaCrue, General Sales Manager, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902 or e-mail email@example.com.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer