PCA Daytime Screener/Client Advocate
- Company: Professional Counseling Associates
- Updated: 9/30/2013
- Location: North Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Clerical/Administrative, Medical/Dental, Nonprofits, Professional, Social Services
This exempt position works under the administrative and clinical supervision of the Assistant Director of Outpatient and Emergency Services to provide rapid emergency screening and assessment services. This position provides continuing community assistance in the area of emergency psychiatric services, assists in maintaining a tracking system for court-ordered clients. This position interfaces with psychiatric facilities and programs in advocating clients’ placement in least restrictive setting, when appropriate. Provides court testimony and attends, when possible, all Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol Court hearings of persons living in PCA’s catchment area. Overall, this position is expected to maintain a positive provider relationship with community organizations, agencies and hospitals and provides internal and external customer service consistent with PCA’s goal of excellence and professionalism.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must be a qualified mental health professional as defined by State Standards for Community Mental Health Centers. Past experience in mental health work is preferred, especially in mental health emergency and crisis management and triage experience
• Must have one of the following credentials: LMSW or LCSW; LPE; LAC or LPC; or RN with a minimum of one year of mental health experience. All licensures must be valid in the state of Arkansas.
• Valid Arkansas Driver’s License and Insurance
• Adult and Child Maltreatment Registry background checks are required.
* A criminal background check and drug screening is required.
• First Aid/CPR is provided and required within the first year of employment
• Completion of Driver’s Education Training provided by PCA within the first year of employment.
Professional Counseling Associates (PCA) is a non-profit Mental Health Community Services organization whose goal is to put our clients' needs first and provide the highest standard of service in everything we do. We offer competitive salaries and pay 100% of employee's health and dental benefits, long term disability, and life insurance. Additional benefits are available at the employee's expense, including short term disability, vision, health savings accounts, and various critical illness options. We also offer a 401k. PCA is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity workplace. To apply for an open position, please visit our Web site at pca-ar.org and submit to Leesa Ferguson, Human Resources Director an application, resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.