Sr. Network Engineer / Network Engineer III
- Company: CEG Partners
- Updated: 6/22/2013
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Very competitive with generous benefits
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Telecommunications
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Seeking a team of Network Engineer Leaders to be located in one of several locations -- Houston, TX; Charlotte, NC; Little Rock, AR; Fairport, NY; Greenville, SC.
The Sr. Network Engineer leader will be the link between the NOC and Engineering groups. This position will be responsible for implementing the network integration plans for various acquired IP/MPLS data networks and perform technical analysis, design preparation, and technical review for new implementations, upgrades, and/or services. This position will also provide engineering level support of network operations as it relates to potential network design improvements.
THE SR. NETWORK ENGINEER WILL OWN:
* Design for ISP networks that are reliable and affordable to deliver Data Services (Internet Access, L2VPN, L3VPN, Multi-cast, and VoIP)
* Follow change management process by preparing, submitting, peer reviewing, and executing Method of Procedures (MOPS)
* Willingness to work during maintenance windows (12:01 AM -- 6AM) on weekday nights and weekend nights (40% of the job)
College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred
* 7+ years' experience with WAN routing and LAN switching
* Expert understanding of Layer2/3 VPN's, IP/ MPLS, Metro Ethernet and LAN switching experience
* 5+ years' experience in a Network Engineering role for a large ISP/Service Provider
* 5+ years' experience with carrier delivering managed services (e.g. VoIP, L3VPNs, Security)
* Expert understanding of IP routing protocols including IS/IS, OSPF, and BGP
* Expert understanding of carrier implementations of Multi-cast
* Experience performing cost vs. risk analysis for Network Designs
CCNP, JNCIP or equivalent certification required
CCIE, JNCIE or equivalent certification preferred
HOW TO APPLY: Go to cegpartners.com/featured-jobs/apply-now/
NOTE: We provide referral and sign-on bonuses up to $1,000.00
If you're ready to take your career to the next level, this is the place for you.
CEG Partners is an Executive and Technical Recruiting firm with deep Telecom and IT experience. Our client is a Fortune 500 leading national provider of advanced network systems to businesses and residential customers. Their services include cloud computing, broad band data, hosting, digital TV, and managed services.