Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Company: Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Updated: 12/4/2013
- Location: Booneville, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 26,531 - 45,064
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Government, Nurses
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients in private homes, hospitals, clinics, and residential institutions. This position will work at the Booneville Human Development Center.
- Monitors patient's condition by checking vital signs, measuring food and liquid intake and output, responding to call lights or patients' requests for assistance, and making rounds to observe patients.
- Provides direct care to patients, including caring for colostomies and tracheotomies, mixing medications and food, inserting feeding tubes, catheterizing patients, and performing other nursing procedures as directed.
- Documents and administers medications and treatments, changes in patient's condition or behavior, responses to care, and daily activities.
- Administers injections and oral medications as directed by physician.
- Obtains specimens for laboratory analysis by swabbing or other means.
- Instructs patients and their families how to care for patients medical needs, including catheter and colostomy care, bowel program techniques, insulin injection, personal hygiene, and skin care.
- Assists doctor in clinic by gathering information on patient's needs and informing doctor, dressing and undressing patients, assisting with medical procedures, and transcribing doctor's orders.
- Notifies next shift of each day's events, including patient progress, behavioral problems, and new orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensure by the Arkansas State Nursing Board as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with ACA 17-87-304.
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ARSTATEJOBS.COM
(Apply for the Licensed Practical Nurse position marked as CONTINUOUS.)